1.02.2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday, and historically, it hasn't been the most wonderful day of the year for me. I won't go into the many New Year's Eve and football-related obstacles, but suffice it to say that I've learned expectations are never a good thing when talking about birthdays.

This year I'm in Spokane, at my mom's house, watching her vacuum. At least I'm not doing it. In any event, I'm glad that school is still many weeks off, and that I've got some free time on my hands once I get back to Massachusetts for catching up on reading and vegetating. And playing with my new Macbook. Ah, the Macbook.

I have to say, this year the whole "Merry-Christmas-Happy-Birthday" trap really worked in my favor. Parents felt that a computer wasn't too insane a gift when amortizing it over two gifting occasions. So this year I'm reaping the benefits of 25 or so medium-to-shitty birthdays. I'll take it!

No comments: