1.01.2007

So far...

MacJournal has worked great for my current (this) blog, but I’ve created a new portal for the class I’m teaching this coming semester, and configuring MacJournal to publish to that blog has been a series of error messages. Haven’t gotten it to work yet, and I’m not sure why. Also, I encountered an error message when I tried to publish a post to this blog with an image in it. Hmm...

Update: I figured out that MacJournal was having trouble communicating with New Blogger, which I updated to just after my first posting with MacJournal. I’ve updated MacJournal to a beta version that has fixed the New Blogger settings. Blogger is now out of beta, and is now fully integrated with Google. Version 4.1d6 has worked out the bugs by working out the new logon info and recognizing the Google username and password instead of the previous Blogger username and password.

But still, I’m not sure if the functionality of MacJournal is really any better than using the Blogger templates and edit tools. The text of the MacJournal entries is also clearly scrunched when compared to the previous posts done directly on blogger. Perhaps I could fiddle with the formatting, but what’s the point? Seems like an extra, unnecessary step. I never liked composing in Blogger, though, and I couldn’t say why. Perhaps the default Courier font was annoying.

No comments: